Saturday, March 14, 2015

1/5/15

Querida familia,


This has certainly been a week of growing and learning. I don´t really know exactly what I´m doing, but I´m loving the process of figuring it all out! :) Sometimes you really don´t know how strong you are until you have no other choice than to be strong and just do it. I think the Lord just wants me to be a little more humble and seek His guidance a little bit more. I am loving my new area. We went to church yesterday and there were 59 people in the chapel... it just about blew me away because we were few back in Ramallo. They really want to be a ward so everyone is ready and willing to work and I have a feeling we´ll be able to do it. They made another change here in the mission. They are no longer asking for numbers (like how many lessons, or new investigators). All they want to know is church attendance and baptisms. At first I was like.. ´what? Are they sure?´ but it´s really helped me focus more on the people and what I can do to help them. I´ve always known that the numbers weren´t important, but it is hard to not be worried about what other people think. Now I truly feel like I´ll only be worried about what the Lord thinks of me.  I am determined to be more obedient, more productive in all that I do. I feel like time is slipping away from me and more than anything I just want to cherish every moment and every person. I am so grateful for all the opportunities I have been give out here on my mission, and I know I´ll feel this way for the rest of my life. I had a tender moment the other day as I watched the He is the Gift video with an investigator. Out of nowhere the thought came to my mind ´Why me?´ Why was I chosen out of all others to be born into my family? What´s so special about me and what did I do to deserve such wonderful parents and brothers and sisters? I was filled with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and actually began to cry. I don´t know why I´ve been blessed they way I have. I think Heavenly Father knows just how much I need each and every one of you. My desire to share this gospel with others has grown so much and I just hope and pray with all my heart that I will be able to bring this kind of happiness to other families. I love all of you so much! Thank you for everything, especially for supporting me in my decision to serve a mission. I´ll do my best to make you and the Lord proud. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment