Saturday, March 14, 2015

12/8/14

I think I’m a magician...

because all of our investigator´s with a baptismal date seemed to disappear this week. We seriously could not find any of them. But it happens sometimes, right? And we're not letting it get us down because we've been seeing too many miracles :) 

Maria Fernanda is the best. She struggled a bit with her decision to get baptized but now that all is said and done, she told us that she feels amazing and that her baptism changed her life. She came with us to do a few visits and told all our investigator´s the same thing. Haha and now she´s inviting all her friends to listen to us and to come to church. I love her! :)



I´m sure you've all heard by now, but the church is really pushing the ¨He is the gift¨ campaign. If you haven´t already seen the video, watch it. It's amazing! We're sharing it with everyone and inviting everyone to learn more about the church through it. The invitation is to Discover, Receive, and Share the gift. I´ve really been studying and thinking a lot about these things and what it means for me, specifically how I can receive this gift even more in my life. I have a strong desire to apply the Atonement more in my life through repentance and doing my best to improve each day. Elder Nelson said that the Christmas season especially is a time para reflexionar en lo que podemos llegar a ser gracias a Él (sorry I don't really know how to say it in english). Thanks to our Savior we can become like our Heavenly Father. We can become perfect and each day is an opportunity to be perfected. Sometimes the process of refinement is painful and really humbling, but it's exhilarating to think that we are literally becoming Gods and Goddesses. I remind myself of my mom when I say that I don´t know anyone who needs the Atonement more than I do. I meet so many people every day with a wide variety of problems, but ya know what? It doesn´t really matter who we are or what we've done. We all need the Atonement, and because our Savior was willing to give His life for us, we all have the same potential. The truth is that I think this Christmas will always be one of my favorites just because I feel like I´m finally beginning to understand just how much my Heavenly Father and Savior really love me and all of you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment