Saturday, November 29, 2014

9/8/2014

Another week has come and gone! I can't believe how quickly time moves out here in the field.. it's weird. I already have two months (almost) in Argentina and 3 months over all in the mission. That's already 1/6th... wow, 'kay not gonna think about that 'cause it just blows my mind. 
Anyways. The work is moving along here in Ramallo and I'm learning more and more every day. I was a little bit discouraged this week, mostly because of the language. I guess being with a Latina companion just made me realize how much I don't know... haha but it's all good and she's helping me a ton. I just have to remind myself that I only have a few weeks in the field and it'll all come with time! Right? :)
Yesterday was Stake Conference and it was awesome. I just love how it doesn't really matter where I am in the world, I always feel right at home when I'm in the chapel surrounded by my brothers and sisters. It's just another witness to me that this is Christ's church and He's the one directing it. 
This week I've been studying a lot in fist Nephi (en castellano;) and was thinking about how the Lord really does guide us and how we always need to trust in Him and the impressions we receive. Every time something bad happened (like when Nephi broke his bow) his brothers, and even Lehi in this instance, began to murmur and basically question everything they had done up to that point, like leaving everything they had ever known behind in Jerusalem. How could that possibly have been the Lord's will if they were having such a hard time?
I went through the same thing in the beginning of my mission. I thought ''mmkay this is like really hard'' but I just had to trust in the answer I received multiple times that this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing at this time in my life. Satan tries really hard to discourage us when we're doing what's right and sometimes that's how we know we're on the right track :) The Lord is always guiding us, and more often than not, it's through the wilderness, but He is leading us to the promised land! It's just like our family always talks about, how the trials are necessary and we just have to stay faithful and always seek His guidance.

Love you all so very much! I hope everyone has a wonderful week :)

---

3 months! Always gotta gotts celebrate the little things.. with an alfajor. :) One of the Hermanas kindly told me that my cheeks are a little chubbier than when I got here two months ago... hahah it's true. But don't worry mom, I'm working it off.



Hermana Myler y yo






No comments:

Post a Comment