Saturday, November 29, 2014

9/1/2014

Hola mi Familia! Wow, the other thing I've learned since I've been in the mission is that everyone just kinda expects that you have already received the big news, so you always learn things in passing. Like I didn't know that so many people went to the hospital and that my sister got ENGAGED! Hahaha that is so super awesome and I am so excited for you, Corinne!!! I want to see photos! :)
This week was a little bit crazy with transfers and all that good stuff, but things are starting to settle down a little bit over here in Ramallo Pueblo. This area is super tranquilo and beautiful. I didn't think it would be so hard to change areas, but it was. I love those members in Concepcion so much. It's tough because I was just starting to really get to know all of them and all our investigators and whatnot and then I had to leave. It's a little bit funny because I always told Hna Myler how I hoped I was going to have a lot of time there, BUT I already love Ramallo so much and I know I will grow close to the people here, too. :) And my new companion is totes hilar. Like we're always laughing and the fact that we don't completely understand each other all the time just makes everything funnier! She is so awesome though and really pushes to work hard. Something I love about her is that she really makes me feel like she values my opinion and she's super humble. Even though she has a lot more experience than I do, it really feels like we're learning together and that makes it fun! 
I'm really developing a new love and appreciation for the scriptures. I love being able to read them every day and pondering about how I can apply them in my life. It doesn't really matter what I read, there's always somthing I can learn, something I need to hear. My testimony has also increased about prayer and being able to receive personal revelation. I'm learning how to listen to and follow the promptings of the spirit. It feels so cool to be able to share my thoughts with Hna CastaƱeda and to have her say that she received the same impressions.
As for my Castellano, it's coming along! I feel like my English is getting worse so I'll take that as a good sign. Everyone makes fun of the way I speak until they find out I only have one transfer in the mission and then they say ''Entonces Hermana, ud habla rey bien! Esto es el don de lenguas'' haha and it has improved a ton even after just a few days of being with Hna CastaƱeda.
I love you so much my deareast family! I am so grateful for each and every one of you and for the examples you are to me. Please keep my updated on all the exciting things that are happening back at home :) Have wonderful week, my dears! These are exciting times :)
Love, Hermana Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment