Saturday, November 29, 2014

10/8/2014

First of all, I would like for all of us to take a moment of silence for Bathsheeba. 
She will be missed. 
In other news, another transfer has come and gone and... I´m staying in Ramallo! My companion, Hna Castañeda, is the new Capacitadora and I´m not surprised one bit. She is AWESOME and I am so excited for her even though I´m going to miss her a lot. We were always laughing and I learned so much from her. My new companion is Hermana Yi from New York and all I know is that she has two or three transfers more than I do. I´m a little bit nervous to lead the area, but I know the Lord never gives us responsibility without divine help. Hahah so just pray lots and lots for me, all right? But I´m excited and I know it´s going to help me grow in the ways that I need to!
General Conference was great, right? It was my first time listening to it in Castellano, and I understood casi todo. Some of the translators spoke a lil fast, but I could understand the gist of everything. Haha but I loved all the talks! Something that really hit me what when Elder D. Todd Christofferson said that we can choose the kind of person we want to be, but it is only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we can become that person. I have a strong desire to be the absolute best missionary I can be, but there´s no way I´ll be able to do it without His help. He can only change us if we let Him, and although sometimes it´s a little painful and really humbling, it´s the best feeling in the world to witness these changes within myself. Although I still have much to learn, I´m enjoying the process of letting Him change me. The mission really is the refiner´s fire. I´ve never felt so far from perfection nor have I ever had to trust in Him so much. I´m so grateful for all that I am learning out here and I wouldn´t trade this experience for anything!
Thank you all so much for writing to me! I love hearing from all of you so much and all of you are examples for me. I love hearing your thoughts and impressions, they strenghten me every single day. Please continue to keep me updated on everything! Love you all!
Love, Hermana Robinson

P.S. The sunsets here are gorgeous.





No comments:

Post a Comment