Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week 6 - 7/12/14

We get a little bit of time to email today before we head out on Monday :) This week has gone by so quickly! I am so grateful for the time I've been able to spend here in the MTC. I have the best teachers and I've made friends for life. To be honest, I don't really know what to think about leaving.. I don't really feel all that ready but I think that's pretty normal. :) I'm so excited though because no matter where I am, I always find friends and grow to love the people around me. I didn't really like the MTC all that much at first, but now I love it and it will be hard to leave. I know the same thing will happen once I get to Argentina! I know it will be different than I expect, and I'm sure I'll get hit with culture shock pretty hard, but I feel really peaceful about it all. I'm not scared, just nervous because I don't quite know what to expect. My spanish is ok, I think. Grammar is tough though. I can understand about 95% of everything my teachers say, but they speak really slowly and don't have an accent. Haha so we'll just have to see what happens when I get down there! :) All the investigators and other teachers that I talk to compliment me on how well I speak though... I'm not too worried about the language at this point because I think I'll pick it up pretty fast.

We had in-field orientation yesterday where we did a lot of workshops and stuff and learned how to work with members. It was a lot to take in in just 8 hours, but I left with a lot of great insights and a stronger desire to get out and work! The biggest thing I got out of it was that I can't be afraid of making mistakes. I just have to get out, be myself, and try my best! That's all He asks, really. :) I'll make plenty of mistakes but that's how I'll learn! And besides, they always make for great stories. :)
It's just hard to believe this time is already here! 

We fly out Monday morning at 11am, I think. First to Georgia, then from there to Argentina. We have a four or five hour layover in Atlanta so I will call you then! :) I'm not quite positive what time yet, I have to look at my travel plans. I'll get on again tonight after I talk to my zone and figure it all out (so feel free to email me back before then:) I called Zion's Bank and told them I'd be leaving for Argentina on Monday so everything should be good there. I think that's about it though! Thank you so very much for all the letters and the packages you've sent while I've been here, they never failed to make my day. :) And since I won't be able to get any of those while I'm in Argentina, I made sure to be extra grateful for every single one. I love all of you so much and I am so excited to talk to you on Monday!!! Just think, the next time you speak to me after that I'll probably be fluent and I'll have almost seven months on the mission. Crazy, no? Love you!











No comments:

Post a Comment