Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week 4 - 7/1/14

Hey there, folks! This is the week of celebrations! I'll be hitting my month mark on Friday, can you believe it? Time is weird here. I'll be celebrating with a few fireworks and I'll also be able to enjoy some Carrie Underwood for the Stadium of Fire. Our apartments are right across from it so it should be a good time. And hey, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most beautiful, wonderful, most Christlike woman I know! I love you, Mom, and I can't begin to tell you how much I look up to you! And here's a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Crayden, too! Y'all are growing up too fast. :,)

And wow, it sounds like life if just crazy as ever! It's so much fun to hear about what's been going on and how everyone is doing. I can't wait to meet all of these cute babies someday!!! Hahaha hang in there, Shanelle, Kristin, and Rochelle! And wow, I figured Corinne would get married while I was gone I just didn't know it'd be so soon;) Looks like Alyse is next in line! ;) Dad, thank you muchly for the world cup update. I've been waiting to get some of those. I keep asking my teachers about it but they won't tell me anything unless I ask them in Spanish, while we're teaching them as our "investigators". It's rough, but hey, only four more years til the next one...

In other news, we get our travel plans this week! I'm really pumped about it. Also a little nervous, but it's all good. It took me a while to adjust to the MTC, and I know it'll take me a while to adjust to the field, too. But Heavenly Father hasn't let me down yet, so I know it'll all work out! Also, one of the counselors in our branch presidency pulled me aside and told me if they had an award for the most improved Spanish it'd go to me:) Haha I dunno about that, but it's certainly crazy how much I've learned in just one month! My grammar is pretty terrible, but I figure it's normal. And I'll just feel like I'm learning a whole new language once I get to Argentina anyways. I'm already excited to be able to help you out at work someday, Dad! :) Yesterday I carried on a whole conversation for like 15 minutes with one of the teachers here and afterwards I was like... what just happened? Pretty sweet. Oh and I've got a new calling. Online coordinator. Basically I show the new people in our zone how to use the computers. Hahah it's a pretty big deal! Just kiddin, but I'm excited about it oddly enough.

I wish I had something interesting to say, but every day here is pretty much the same. So much happens and yet I can't remember any of it! Something I've been thinking a lot about lately is spiritual gifts. I've been reading my patriarchal blessing a lot and just keep trying to figure out what mine are. I mean, it lists a couple but it's pretty vague in other areas.  I have a whole list of the ones I want, though. :) One I'm really trying hard to develop is Charity. I just want to love others, be patient with others, and see them the way my Savior sees them. It's definitely a process! :) I'm trying to look for opportunities to help others and just make them feel loved. 

I love you all!!! Thank you so much for all the love and support. I love my family! Also, thank you for the Dear Elder! It was the best! Mail is the best so keep it comin. :) I can't believe I'll be leaving for Argentina in just two weeks!

Love, Hermana Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment