Sunday, July 6, 2014

Week 1

Ok, so basically the first couple days at the CCM were the most stressful days of my life. But now that I'm finally adjusting to everything, it's a lot better and I'm loving it more and more every day. :) I was crazy overwhelmed when the branch presidency gave us a whole list of things to do in addition to everything else, because there is no way I will be able to accomplish all of it. I was stressing out about it until I realized that the only person I need to please is Heavenly Father. He knows what I'm capable of, he knows my heart, and that's all that matters. I'll do my best to do all of it, but if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. It's just a matter of seeking his guidance each day to know how I should spend my time. The days seem like weeks, but the weeks fly by. And everyone says after your first week it starts going by even faster, so I'm excited about that. :) My district is just four Hermanas, all of us going to Argentina. Hermana Hill is going to Neuquen and Hermanas Briggs (my companion) y Fry are coming to Rosario with me. As far as I know, there are seven of us heading to Rosario. So don't worry mom, I have plenty of travel buddies! :)

Our zone is the best though. We're the only Hermanas in it, but all the Elders are pretty cool. All of us get along really well and we're laughing all the time. I think my district is the only one that knew a little Spanish before we got here, so we pretty much know just as much as the Elders who are leaving next week haha. Seriously though, it's crazy how much Spanish I'm able to remember, especially when we're teaching. I hear a word once or twice and I remember it. It's the coolest.

We watched a devotional by Elder Bednar on Sunday called the Characteristics of Christ (I think?). It was really good and pretty much I walked out of there feeling like I got chastised for a whole hour and a half but I loved it. He talked about how instead of turning inward, we need to turn outward the way Christ does. I am so excited for the next 18 months, and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to simply focus on the gospel. I want to take advantage of every moment because time is moving faster than ever before! I have so much to learn, and I can't wait! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior and I hope as I become closer to them that I will be able to help others do the same.

I love all of you!!! Thank you so much for your love and support. Even though I'm not with all of you, I feel closer to you now than I ever have before!

Con amor, Hermana Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment